New Orleans Doberge Cake
An easy version of the famous Gambino Bakery's delight!
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 2 small boxes instant chocolate pudding
- Chocolate frosting
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions.
- Grease and flour 6 (8-inch) round cake pans.
- Divide batter and spread evenly in each pan. Layers may be baked 2 or 3
at a time, then repeated.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 12 to 15 minutes. Small layers need less
baking time, so don't let them over-bake.
- Cool baked layers.
- Prepare pudding according to package directions.
- Spread each layer with pudding as the cake is stacked.
- Frost sides and top of cake.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or so for easier slicing.
For a tasty variation, substitute lemon or vanilla pudding for the chocolate
and ice with a lemon icing. Garnish top of cake with a lemon twist and mint sprigs.