Orange Glow Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box moist yellow cake mix
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco Sauce
- 1 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Prepare cake, adding orange peel to the batter.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- In a 1-quart saucepan, heat orange juice, granulated sugar and Tabasco sauce
to boiling. Turn heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Reserve 1/4 cup of the mixture.
- Remove cake from oven.
- With wooden skewer or fork, poke holes evenly in cake in several places.
- Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes.
- Invert cake onto wire rack to cool completely.
- In bowl, combine orange juice mixture and confectioners' sugar until
- Spoon glaze over top of cake.
- Garnish with grated orange peel.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the cake springs back when lightly touched.
Do NOT over-bake.