Orange and Yogurt Cake with
Cinnamon Streusel Swirl and Walnuts
This is a super delicious cake, and is a good choice if you have some yellow
cake mix around the house. It is fruity and moist and unbelievably good.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup unflavored yogurt
- 1 medium orange, ground (use the juice, peel and fruit, about 6 tablespoons in all)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Beat together first 5 ingredients for 4 minutes or until batter is light.
- To make the streusel, mix together sugar, flour, butter and cinnamon until blended.
- Spread half the batter in a greased 10-inch tube pan.
- Sprinkle with Cinnamon Streusel and cover with remaining batter. With a
knife or spatula, cut into batter at 2-inch intervals.
- Sprinkle top with walnuts and press them lightly into the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 45 to 50 minutes, or until top is browned
and a cake tester, inserted in center, comes out clean.
- When cool, remove from pan and sprinkle top with sifted powdered sugar.
Serves 8 to 10.
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine Wednesday Jan 3rd, 2007 08:18 pm.
Source: Easiest & Best! Coffee Cakes and Quick Breads