Orange and Yogurt Cake with
Cinnamon Streusel Swirl and Walnuts
This is a super delicious cake, and is a good choice if you have some yellow
cake mix around the house. It is fruity and moist and unbelievably good.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup unflavored yogurt
- 1 medium orange, ground (use the juice, peel and fruit, about 6 tablespoons in all)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Beat together first 5 ingredients for 4 minutes or until batter is light.
- To make the streusel, mix together sugar, flour, butter and cinnamon until blended.
- Spread half the batter in a greased 10-inch tube pan.
- Sprinkle with Cinnamon Streusel and cover with remaining batter. With a
knife or spatula, cut into batter at 2-inch intervals.
- Sprinkle top with walnuts and press them lightly into the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 45 to 50 minutes, or until top is browned
and a cake tester, inserted in center, comes out clean.
- When cool, remove from pan and sprinkle top with sifted powdered sugar.
Serves 8 to 10.
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine Wednesday Jan 3rd, 2007 08:18 pm.
Source: Easiest & Best! Coffee Cakes and Quick Breads
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.