Pastel Pound Cake
- 1 box white or yellow cake mix
- 1 small Jell-O Gelatin (any fruit flavor)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, unbeaten
- Empty cake mix into large bowl. Add remaining ingredients. Beat for 3 minutes,
or until smooth and creamy.
- Pour batter into 10-inch tube pan that is lined on bottom with paper.
- Bake in moderate oven (350 degrees F) for 50 to 55 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on cake rack.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
This cake may also be baked in the following paper-lined pans: two 9 x
5 x 3-inch loaf pans 40 to 45 minutes; one 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan 40 to 45 minutes;
two 9-inch layer pans 30 to 35 minutes; two 8-inch layer pans 35 to 40 minutes;
or one 9-inch tube pan 60 to 65 minutes.
Source: Joys of Jell-O