Pea Picking Cake
Cake layers may be made ahead and frozen, or cake may be made and assembled the
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, juice reserved
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 large box instant vanilla pudding
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour three 8- or 9-inch cake pans.
- Beat eggs with cake mix; add reserved juice from oranges; stir in oil and
fold in oranges using mixer to "break up" oranges.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool and remove from pans. Wrap for freezing when cooled.
- Icing: Mix ingredients together and ice cooled cake with mixture.
- Refrigerate cake after icing.