Pecan Pie Cake
A buttery rich cake with a pecan pie topping will be a hit whenever it is served.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups white Karo syrup (light corn syrup)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 cups chopped pecans
- Mix cake mix, 1 egg and melted butter well. Reserve 2/3 cup of this batter.
- Spread the remaining batter into a greased and floured 9 x 13-inch pan and bake at 325 degrees F for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Mix reserved 2/3 cup batter with Karo syrup, 3 eggs, brown sugar, vanilla extract and pecans.
- Pour this filling on top of crust and bake for about 50 to 60 minutes at 325 degrees F.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine June 2, 2001.