Peter Paul Mounds Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup sugar
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (7 ounce) package coconut
- 2 tablespoons cocoa or 2 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 16 large marshmallows
- 1 box confectioners' sugar
- Cake: Bake as directed on box for a two-layer cake.
- Filling: Cook milk, sugar and marshmallows until melted.
- Add coconut. Spread between layers and on top of cake.
- Icing: Melt together chocolate, butter and marshmallows.
- Add confectioners' sugar and enough milk to get to spreading consistency.
- Ice cake.