Philadelphia Style Butter Cake
- 1 large egg
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 13 x 9-inch cake pan.
- Beat together the 1 egg, cake mix and butter for 5 minutes. Pour into prepared
- Cream together cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, the 2 eggs and vanilla
extract. Pour on top of the cake base.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until browned.
- Cool for 15 minutes, and cut into squares.