Pina Colada Pound Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 small box instant coconut pudding mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen pineapple juice, thawed
- 1/3 cup rum
- 1 1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons toasted coconut
- Grease and lightly flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, water, oil, eggs and 1/3 cup juice concentrate
in large bowl. Mix ingredients with electric mixer on low speed. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pan on wire rack.
- Remove cake from pan. Place on wire rack over a tray.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine confectioners' sugar and juice
concentrate; bring to boiling point.
- Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Add rum.
- Prick holes in top of cake with fork tines.
- Spoon syrup slowly over top and sides of cake, allowing syrup to soak into
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Cool cake thoroughly.