Pineapple Crush Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box pineapple or lemon cake mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups chilled milk
- 1 (4 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- Mix cake according to directions on package.
- Bake in a 13 x 9-inch pan which has been greased and lined with wax paper.
- Let cake cool and place in refrigerator for several hours.
- Split the cake, making 2 layers. Cooling makes it easier to split.
- For the filling, beat cream cheese until fluffy; add to this the package
of instant vanilla pudding and 2 cups cold milk. Mix or beat mixture in a small
bowl for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Spread on cooled half of cake.
- Spoon over filling mixture the can of drained crushed pineapple.
- Top with the other half of the cake.
- Spread whipped topping over sides and top of cake.
- Store in refrigerator overnight.
This is better made the day before you serve it.