Pineapple Mojito Cake
- Zest and juice from 1 lime, divided
- 1 ( 2-layer size) box white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2/3 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) tub COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh pineapple
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 5 slices fresh pineapple wedges (about 1/2 inch thick)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cover bottoms of 2 (9-inch) round pans with parchment paper; spray with cooking
- Add enough water to lime juice to measure 1 1/3 cups. Add to cake mix in large
bowl with eggs and oil; beat with mixer on low speed just until moistened. Scrape
bottom and side of bowl; beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in centers comes out
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks. Cool completely.
- Mix sour cream and sugar in large bowl with whisk until well blended.
- Stir in COOL WHIP and lime zest; spoon 3/4 cup into medium bowl.
- Add chopped pineapple and mint; mix well.
- Stack cake layers on plate, filling with pineapple mixture.
- Frost with remaining COOL WHIP mixture.
- Garnish with pineapple wedges.
- Keep refrigerated.
total time 1 hr 25 min | prep 20 min | 16 servings
How to Cut Fresh Pineapple for Use in Recipe: Peel and core pineapple, then cut
crosswise into 4 pieces. Cut 1 piece into 3 rings to use for garnish. Chop enough
of the remaining pineapple pieces to measure 1 1/2 cups. Refrigerate remaining pineapple
for snacking or another use.
Substitute chopped mangos for the chopped pineapple. Omit pineapple wedges. Garnish
cake with sliced mangos.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.