Pineapple Rum Torte
This is a 1987 General Foods Corporation recipe.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Bacardi Amber Rum
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 2/3 cups Baker’s Angel Flake Coconut
- 1 small box Jell-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding and Pie Filling
- 3 1/2 cups (8 ounces) thawed Cool Whip
- Combine cake mix, eggs, 3/4 cup of the rum, water and oil in large bowl.
Beat at medium speed of mixer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in 2/3 cup of the coconut.
- Pour into greased and floured 15 x 10-inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for
30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan; cool on rack.
- Cut into 3 (10 x 5-inch) pieces.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup of the juice.
- Combine pudding mix, 3/4 cup of the pineapple, reserved juice and remaining
rum; stir to blend.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Place 1 cake layer on plate; spread with some of the topping mixture; top
with half the remaining pineapple.
- Repeat layers, ending with cake; frost cake with remaining topping mixture.
- Cover with remaining coconut.
- Decorate top with pineapple chunks and mint sprigs.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.