Pineapple Rum Torte
This is a 1987 General Foods Corporation recipe.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Bacardi Amber Rum
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 2/3 cups Baker’s Angel Flake Coconut
- 1 small box Jell-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding and Pie Filling
- 3 1/2 cups (8 ounces) thawed Cool Whip
- Combine cake mix, eggs, 3/4 cup of the rum, water and oil in large bowl.
Beat at medium speed of mixer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in 2/3 cup of the coconut.
- Pour into greased and floured 15 x 10-inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for
30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan; cool on rack.
- Cut into 3 (10 x 5-inch) pieces.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup of the juice.
- Combine pudding mix, 3/4 cup of the pineapple, reserved juice and remaining
rum; stir to blend.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Place 1 cake layer on plate; spread with some of the topping mixture; top
with half the remaining pineapple.
- Repeat layers, ending with cake; frost cake with remaining topping mixture.
- Cover with remaining coconut.
- Decorate top with pineapple chunks and mint sprigs.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.