Pineapple Rum Upside Down Cake
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple slices
- Pecan halves
- Maraschino cherries
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pineapple or lemon extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In two 8 or 9-inch cake pans, melt 3 tablespoons of butter in each pan.
Sprinkle half of brown sugar in each pan. Decoratively arrange pineapple slices
in the bottom of the pans. Place a maraschino cherry in the center of each pineapple
slice. In between the rings, place the pecan halves in a decorative pattern.
- Combine cake mix, juice, rum, oil, eggs, and extract. Beat with mixer for
- Divide batter between the two pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Immediately invert cakes onto serving platters.
The second cake may be frozen for later use. Freeze cake on a cookie sheet or
flat plate. Once frozen, wrap tightly with freezer wrap. Completely unwrap frozen
cake and then defrost in cake container.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.