Pineapple Rum Upside Down Cake
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple slices
- Pecan halves
- Maraschino cherries
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pineapple or lemon extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In two 8 or 9-inch cake pans, melt 3 tablespoons of butter in each pan.
Sprinkle half of brown sugar in each pan. Decoratively arrange pineapple slices
in the bottom of the pans. Place a maraschino cherry in the center of each pineapple
slice. In between the rings, place the pecan halves in a decorative pattern.
- Combine cake mix, juice, rum, oil, eggs, and extract. Beat with mixer for
- Divide batter between the two pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Immediately invert cakes onto serving platters.
The second cake may be frozen for later use. Freeze cake on a cookie sheet or
flat plate. Once frozen, wrap tightly with freezer wrap. Completely unwrap frozen
cake and then defrost in cake container.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.