Pineapple Stacked Cake
This is very moist and light.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box Duncan Hines Butter Cake Mix
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in heavy syrup
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 level tablespoons flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons white corn syrup
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cake: Prepare cake according to directions on package, pouring batter into
3 prepared round pans.
- Bake as directed on package, but adjust time for three layers.
- Filling: Mix pineapple, egg yolks, flour and sugar. Place over medium heat
and cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- Use filling between layers.
- Icing: Cook all ingredients in top of double boiler over boiling water.
Mix with hand mixer until icing will stand in a peak.
- Ice top and sides of cake.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cake Recipes