Pink Lemonade Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow or lemon cake mix
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- 1 (6 ounce) can pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup powdered pink lemonade mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, sour cream, lemonade concentrate, cream
cheese and eggs. Mix at low speed of electric mixer until moist. Continue to
beat at low speed for 2 minutes.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes; remove from pan.
- To prepare glaze, combine powdered lemonade mix, water and confectioners'
sugar in a bowl.
- Slowly add melted butter; blend well.
- Prick warm cake with fork; pour glaze over it.
Yield: 16 servings
Each serving: 292 calories, 3.2 grams protein, 51.8 grams carbohydrates,
8.4 grams fat, 51.6 milligrams cholesterol, 0.4 grams fiber, 253 milligrams sodium