- 1 (18.25 ounce) box white or yellow cake mix
- 1 small box gelatin, any flavor
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 large container Cool Whip or desired frosting
- Bake cake as per instructions on box for a 13 x 9-inch cake.
- Leaving cake in pan, prick cake with a large, two-pronged fork at 1/2-inch
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Add cold water and spoon over cake.
- Chill cake in the pan for 4 hours.
- Dip pan in warm water for 10 seconds; unmold onto a serving plate.
- Frost with Cool Whip or desired frosting.
- Garnish as desired, and refrigerate.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.