Poppy Seed Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg, beaten
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- Grease a Bundt pan. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat cake mix, almond extract, vegetable oil, dry pudding and 4 eggs for
- Add poppy seeds and water. Beat for 1 more minute.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Serve with Lemon Sauce.
- Lemon Sauce: Mix all ingredients in a saucepan and cook, stirring, just
until the sauce comes to a boil.