Pralines, Coffee and Cream Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup coffee-flavored liqueur (Kahlua)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 12 ounces non-dairy whipped topping
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease and flour a 9
x 13-inch pan.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, coffee liqueur and oil in large bowl and mix on
medium speed for approximately 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes (may vary). Done when cake springs back
to the touch or a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Set aside on cooling rack.
- To make pralines, combine butter and brown sugar in small saucepan. Heat
on medium to medium high, stirring constantly. Bring to boil for 2 minutes,
again stirring constantly.
- Pour in pecans and remove from heat. Stir, then immediately pour pralines
- Cool cake in refrigerator.
- To make frosting, combine pudding mix, milk, cream cheese, and nondairy
whipped topping, and beat with electric mixer until well mixed.
- Spread on cake.