Punch Bowl Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box cake mix
- 2 small boxes vanilla pudding
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries or 2 cans cherry pie filling (reserve some for top)
- 6 to 8 bananas, sliced
- 1 large can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 1/2 cups coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip
- Maraschino cherries
- Bake cake according to directions for two round cake layers.
- Let cake cool.
- Place one layer (whole) in bottom of punch bowl.
- Mix pudding according to directions and pour half of it over the cake.
- Layer 1/2 of the strawberries, 1/2 of the bananas, 1/2 of the pineapple
and 1/2 cup coconut.
- Tear the second layer of cake into pieces and spread on top.
- Add remainder of the pudding.
- Add remainder of strawberries, bananas, pineapple and 1/2 cup of the coconut.
- Spread Cool Whip on top and then add remainder of coconut and nuts.
- Garnish with maraschino cherries.