This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Raspberry Chocolate Fudge Red Velvet Cake
Make this in a 9-inch two-layer heart cake baking pan for Valentine's Day!
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box red velvet cake mix
- 1 (3.9-ounce) box instant chocolate fudge pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup creme de cocoa or raspberry liqueur or brandy
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 4 jumbo or extra large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar seedless raspberry jam
- Vanilla buttercream frosting, old-fashioned 7-minute icing or chocolate fudge frosting
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt or tube pan
or wax paper-line two greased 9-inch heart-shape layer pans.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, water, creme de cocoa or
raspberry liqueur or brandy, and oil; add eggs and beat at medium speed of an
electric mixer for 4 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Fold in pecans.
- Spoon into prepared pan(s).
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes (heart-shaped layer pans) or 45 minutes (tube
or Bundt pan), or until a cake tester inserted into the cake layers or cake
comes out clean.
- Let cake or cake layers cool for 10 minutes in pan(s), top side up for tube
cake and upside down for Bundt cake.
- Turn out onto wire rack(s) to finish cooling.
- For heart-shaped cake, arrange one layer on a cake serving plate.
- Evenly spread raspberry jam over cake layer.
- Top with second layer.
- Evenly spread top and sides with frosting of choice.
- For tube or Bundt cake, spread frosting of choice over top and sides of
- Sprinkle decorative confectioners' red sugar over cake as desired.