Raspberry-Laced Vanilla Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box white cake mix (without pudding)
- 1 cup red raspberry preserves
- 1 box confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups (4 sticks) margarine, softened
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup raspberry Schnapps liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 2 (9-inch) round cake pans.
- Prepare cake mix according to box directions. Save egg yolks for icing.
- Cool for 10 minutes, remove from pans and cool completely.
- Prepare icing. Beat on low speed 1 box confectioners' sugar and 4 sticks
margarine (softened) until blended. Beat on high until light and fluffy.
- On medium speed, gradually beat in 2 egg yolks, 1/4 cup raspberry liqueur
and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract until smooth.
- To Assemble Cake: With serrated knife, cut each cake layer horizontally
in half. Place bottom half of one layer, cut side up, on cake plate. Spread
with 1/2 cup raspberry preserves.
- Top with top half of cake layer; spread with frosting.
- Repeat layering, ending with frosting. Repeat layering, ending with cake
layer. With knife, spread remaining icing on sides and top of cake.
- Refrigerate if not serving right away.
Makes 20 servings.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.