Raspberry Lemonade Cake
Betty Crocker created the poke cake, a cake that's poked after baking so
the topping forms pockets of wonderfulness. Try this delicious citrus-berry combo.
- 1 cup very hot water
- 1 (4-serving size) box raspberry-flavored gelatin
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix
- 1/2 cup frozen (thawed) lemonade concentrate
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 egg whites
- 1 (12 ounce) container Betty Crocker® Whipped vanilla frosting
- 1 cup frozen (thawed) whipped topping
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries, if desired
- Lemon peel strips, if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray
bottom only of 13 x 9-inch pan with baking spray with flour.
- In small bowl, mix hot water and gelatin until gelatin is completely dissolved;
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, 1/4 cup of the gelatin mixture, 1/4 cup of
the lemonade concentrate, the water, oil, and egg whites with electric mixer
on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
- Pour into pan. Reserve remaining gelatin mixture and lemonade concentrate.
- Bake for30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out
- Poke warm cake every inch with fork tines.
- Remove 1 tablespoon of the reserved gelatin mixture to microwavable custard
cup or small bowl.
- In another small bowl, mix remaining gelatin mixture and remaining 1/4 cup
lemonade concentrate; pour slowly over cake.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In medium bowl, fold together frosting and whipped topping; frost cake.
- Microwave 1 tablespoon gelatin mixture uncovered on High 10 seconds to liquefy.
- Using 1/4 teaspoon measuring spoon, place small drops of gelatin mixture
over frosting; with spoon or wooden pick, swirl gelatin into frosting.
- Garnish each piece with raspberries and lemon peel strips.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
For a shower dessert, garnish each piece with a small paper beverage umbrella.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 430 (Calories from Fat 150); Total
Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 4 1/2g, Trans Fat 3g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 370mg; Total
Carbohydrate 65g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 46g); Protein 4g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 4%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 3 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 3 Fat Carbohydrate
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Betty Crocker Cake Mix Book - Spring/2007
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cake Recipes