Raspberry Truffle Cake
- 1 Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge Butter recipe cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup Chambord liqueur, divided
- 3/4 package mini chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup raspberry preserves
- 2 cans Pillsbury Chocolate Fudge frosting
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl combine cake mix, eggs, water, oil and 1/4 cup Chambord. Beat
with an electric mixer on low for 30 seconds. Turn mixer to medium and beat
for 2 minutes more.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Generously oil two 8-inch cake pans.
- Divide batter equally between the two pans.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- Pour 1/4 cup of Chambord over each layer of cake. Cool.
- When cake is cooled completely, slice one layer in half horizontally.
- Place one layer on cake plate and spread 1/2 of raspberry preserves.
- Place next layer on top and spread 1/3 to 1/2 of one can of frosting.
- Repeat with remaining cake layer.
- Frost top and sides of cake with remaining frosting.
- Decorate with chocolate and white chocolate curls.