Red Velvet Cassata
- 1 (7 ounce) package almond paste
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box red velvet cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup corn oil
Filling and Frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) container mascarpone cheese
- 3 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups strawberries, halved
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In bowl, beat almond paste and water for 2 minutes.
- Add cake mix, eggs and corn oil. On low speed, beat 30 seconds. On medium
speed, beat for 2 minutes more.
- Divide between two 8-inch round cake pans coated with flour-based cooking
- Bake for 30 minutes or until done. Cool.
- Halve cakes. In bowl, beat cream cheese, mascarpone cheese, 1 cup cream,
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract for 2 minutes.
- In bowl, beat remaining cream and sugar for 2 minutes, then fold into cream
- Place 1 cake layer on plate, top with 1 cup cream mixture.
- Repeat twice.
- Coat cake with remaining cream mixture.
- Top with berries and serve.
Yield: 12 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.