This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Rhubarb Pudding Cake
- 1 pound fresh rhubarb, cut up (3 cups)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 small box regular vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (1-layer size) yellow cake mix
- Sifted confectioners' sugar
- Few drops red food coloring
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine rhubarb, granulated sugar and red food coloring; let stand.
- Prepare pudding mix according to package directions, using the 2 cups milk.
- Pour into a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Top with rhubarb-sugar mixture.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions; spoon evenly over rhubarb.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until cake is done.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- Serve warm.