This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Root Beer Float Cake
I received this cake recipe from my Mother many years ago, and she no longer
remembers where she got it! Once someone has tasted this, they keep requesting it
over and over, no matter the occasion.
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 (12 ounce) can root beer (I prefer A & W)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons root beer
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine cake mix, can of root beer, oil and eggs until
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Test for doneness.
- Cool for 15 minutes; then turn out onto rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile prepare the glaze. Mix the powdered sugar with the 3 tablespoons
of root beer until smooth.
- Poke holes with a skewer or wooden pick at 2-inch intervals and pour glaze
Perfection when served with vanilla ice cream.
Submitted to recipegoldmine.com by Margee Lee.