Shortcut Carrot Cake
- 1 package (2-layer size) spice cake mix
- 2 cups shredded carrots (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup PLANTERS Chopped Pecans, divided
- 2 (8 ounce) packages PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare cake mix batter as directed on package, stirring in carrots, pineapple
and 3/4 cup of the pecans until well blended.
- Pour into 2 (9-inch) square baking pans.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes
out clean. Cool.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer or wire whisk
until well blended.
- Stir in whipped topping until well blended.
- Place 1 cake layer on serving plate. Spread with 1 1/2 cups of the cream
- Carefully place second cake layer on top of first cake layer.
- Frost top and sides of cake with remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Garnish with remaining 1/4 cup pecans.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Yield: 18 servings
Great Substitute: Substitute yellow cake mix plus 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
for the spice cake mix.