Don't worry if it looks like someone sat on this cake — it's still out
of this world!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 to 2 cup chopped nuts
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch cake pan. Place marshmallows in bottom of pan and spread
out to cover bottom.
- Mix cocoa and brown sugar with boiling water and pour over marshmallows.
- Prepare cake mix following instructions.
- Very carefully pour cake mix over marshmallows and hot water.
- Liberally sprinkle nuts over top of cake.
- Bake according to cake mix instructions.
- Upon removal from oven, immediately and very carefully turn cake out onto
a serving plate (a cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil works great) and
try to smooth out melted marshmallows.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cake Recipes