- 1 (18.25 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam, orange marmalade
or cherry preserves
- Prepare cake as directed, baking in 3 (8-inch) layers.
- Trim 1/2-inch ring from outer edge of 2 of the layers.
- Assemble cake, spreading the jam between the layers and placing the trimmed
layers on the bottom and top with the full layer in the middle.
- Frost with the whipped topping, rounding edges to resemble the shape of
- Sprinkle with the coconut.