This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
A grown-up version of the classic lunchbox treat, this cake will bring back memories
and bring up the question we all had as kids: how did the cream filling get in there?
- 1 (2-layer size) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 (8 ounce) tub COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
- 1 cup BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare cake batter, in 2-1/2-quart ovenproof bowl, as directed on package;
scrape side of bowl.
- Beat cream cheese, egg and granulated sugar until well blended; spoon into
center of batter in bowl.
- Bake for 1 hour 5 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out
- Cool cake in bowl 10 minutes.
- Loosen cake from bowl with knife; invert onto wire rack. Remove bowl. Cool
- Meanwhile, beat dry pudding mix, powdered sugar and milk in bowl with whisk
2 minutes. Stir in COOL WHIP.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place cake on plate; frost with pudding mixture. Cover with coconut.
- Keep refrigerated.
total time 2 hr 20 min | prep time 15 min | Yield: 16 servings
At 16 servings, this fun-to-make cake is a great dessert to serve at a holiday
Easy Cleanup: Save on cleanup by mixing and baking the cake batter in the same
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):