Stained Glass Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box Pillsbury Plus white cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) box lemon pudding and pie filling mix (not instant)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 3/4 cup raspberry preserves
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 4 teaspoons milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes
- Cool for 15 minutes; remove from pans. Cool completely.
- In medium saucepan combine pudding mix and sugar. Stir in water and egg
yolks; blend well. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil, stirring
- To assemble cake, slice each cake layer in half horizontally. Remove top
half from each layer. Spread 1/3 pudding mixture on bottom half of each layer.
Replace top of each layer.
- Place 1 filled layer top side down on serving plate. Spread with 1/2 cup
of the preserves.
- Top with second filled layer, top side up.
- Spread remaining pudding mixture over top of cake to within 1/2-inch of
- In small bowl, blend margarine and cream cheese.
- Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract; beat until smooth. Add
enough milk for desired frosting consistency. Reserve 1 cup for decorating.
- Frost sides of cake.
- Spoon reserved frosting into pastry bag with desired decorating tip. Pipe
diagonal parallel lines 1-inch apart over top of cake. In the opposite direction,
pipe additional diagonal parallel lines 1-inch apart to form a diamond lattice
design. If desired, pipe border around top and bottom edge of cake.
- In small saucepan, slightly warm the remaining preserves. With small spoon,
spoon preserves inside alternate rows of diamonds.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
Yield: 12 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cake Recipes