Strawberry Cake To Die For
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (5.9 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 1/2 cups strawberries,
sliced thin and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup granulated
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup whole strawberries
- Prepare cake as directed.
- Pour batter into a 9 x 13-inch lightly greased cake pan.
- Bake as directed.
- Toss the sliced strawberries with the 1/4 cup granulated sugar; set aside.
- Allow cake to cool.
- Mix pudding with milk; beat in cream cheese. Spread over the cake.
- Place strawberries with sugar in colander to remove juice. Spoon strawberries
over pudding mixture, followed by the whipped topping.
- Sprinkle nuts over whipped topping.
- Top with whole strawberries.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to eat, and refrigerate leftovers.
Slices best when chilled.