Strawberry Dream Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 large box strawberry
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 (10 ounce) box
frozen sliced strawberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (16 ounce) box confectioners'
- 1/2 (10 ounce) box sliced strawberries with syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine cake mix, gelatin, flour, water and eggs. Beat for 2 minutes.
- Add strawberries with syrup to batter and beat for 1 minute.
- Add oil and beat for 1 minute.
- Pour into two (9-inch) round cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 35 minutes.
- When cooled, frost with Strawberry Frosting.
- Frosting: Beat butter until smooth.
- Add sugar, alternating with strawberries and syrup until smooth.
- Add vanilla extract and, if necessary, thin with a little milk or cream
to spreading consistency.