This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Strawberry Ooey Gooey Butter Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box strawberry cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 large
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 pound confectioners'
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- Garnish: sweetened whipped cream,
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, butter and 1 egg.
- Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
- In a separate large bowl, beat cream cheese and 3 eggs at medium speed with
an electric mixer until smooth.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until combined.
- Stir in strawberries.
- Spoon mixture over cake mixture.
- Bake for 25-40 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool completely; cut into squares to serve.
- Garnish with sweetened whipped cream and strawberries, if desired.