Strawberry Pecan Cake
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 small box strawberry Jell-O
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 1/2 cup sweet milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup thawed strawberries, drained
- 1 cup frozen coconut
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 box confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen coconut, thawed
- Cake: Mix all ingredients together, adding eggs one at a time.
- Bake in three layers for 20 to 25 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Filling: Cream butter and sugar well.
- Add other ingredients.
- Let cake cool before icing.
I save my strawberry juice when I drain them and I spoon it on every layer
before I ice it. Let it soak into cake. I have to put wooden picks in my cake to
hold it together.
Posted by Marla at Recipe Goldmine 11/13/2001 6:06 am.