Strawberry-Rhubarb Custard Coffee Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (thawed and well drained)*
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom and sides of a 13 x 9-inch baking
pan with shortening, then dust lightly with flour.
- Make cake mix as directed on package, using water, oil and eggs. Pour into
- Top with rhubarb and strawberries; sprinkle with sugar.
- Pour whipping cream over top of mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in
center comes out clean.
- Cool for 30 minutes on wire rack.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Serve slightly warm or cool.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
High Altitude (3500 to 6500 feet): Make cake mix following high-altitude directions
on package for 13 x 9 x 2-inch rectangle. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour 5 minutes
to 1 hour 20 minutes.
* If using thawed frozen rhubarb, drain it on paper towels and pat dry with more
paper towels, so the custard layer doesn't get too runny.
1 Serving: Calories 345 (Calories from Fat 160); Fat 18 g (Saturated 8 g);
Cholesterol 75mg; Sodium 240 mg; Carbohydrate 44g (Dietary Fiber 1 g); Protein 3
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 12%; Iron 14%
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cake Recipes