Strawberry Rum Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 small box strawberry gelatin
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1 pint strawberries, halved
- Cake: Mix all together in a large bowl. Beat for 2 minutes at high speed,
then for 1 minute at low speed.
- Pour into greased and floured 10-inch tube pan or Bundt pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Cool in pan on cake rack for 20 minutes. Do not invert on a bottle to cool.
- Glaze: Combine glaze ingredients and bring to boil over medium heat. Simmer
gently for 3 minutes.
- Prick cake with a wooden pick or tines of a fork and slowly pour small amount
of glaze on cake.
- Topping: Arrange strawberry halves attractively on top of cake.
- Pour remaining glaze over strawberries and cake.
- Serve at once or refrigerate.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.