Strawberry Rum Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 small box strawberry gelatin
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1 pint strawberries, halved
- Cake: Mix all together in a large bowl. Beat for 2 minutes at high speed,
then for 1 minute at low speed.
- Pour into greased and floured 10-inch tube pan or Bundt pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Cool in pan on cake rack for 20 minutes. Do not invert on a bottle to cool.
- Glaze: Combine glaze ingredients and bring to boil over medium heat. Simmer
gently for 3 minutes.
- Prick cake with a wooden pick or tines of a fork and slowly pour small amount
of glaze on cake.
- Topping: Arrange strawberry halves attractively on top of cake.
- Pour remaining glaze over strawberries and cake.
- Serve at once or refrigerate.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cake Recipes