Strawberry Daiquiri Cake
Strawberry and lime create a cool taste of the Tropics.
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs (including yolks)
- 1 (4-serving size) box strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 1 to 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1 (1 pound) container Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 8 fresh whole strawberries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease
bottom only of 13 x 9-inch pan with shortening and lightly flour, or spray with
baking spray with flour.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, eggs, gelatin, 1 tablespoon lime
peel and the rum extract with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on
medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Stir 2 teaspoons lime peel into frosting. Spread frosting evenly over cake.
- Store loosely covered at room temperature.
- Just before serving, cut each whole strawberry in half, leaving leaves on.
- Garnish cake with strawberry halves.
Prep time 20 min | Total time 1 hr 55 min | Servings 15
You’ll want to have 5 limes so that you’ll have enough grated lime peel for this
For a whimsical touch of the Tropics, insert a paper drink umbrella in each piece
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 360 (Calories from
Fat 140), Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 3 1/2g, Trans Fat 3g), Cholesterol 40mg;
Sodium 340mg; Total Carbohydrate 52g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 37g), Protein 3g
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 2 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 3 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 3 1/2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Betty Crocker
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.