- 1 (18 ounce) box plain yellow cake mix*
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box coconut cream instant pudding mix
- 1 1/3 cups (most of a 12 ounce can) Mountain Dew (or other citrus soft drink)
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon, crumbled finely
- Your favorite chocolate frosting
* not pudding-in-the-mix, not butter-recipe mix, such as Duncan Hines
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8-inch round cake pans.
- Combine the dry cake mix and the instant pudding mix in the large bowl of
an electric mixer.
- Add the Mountain Dew, eggs and oil and beat as directed on the cake mix
- Crumble the tarragon with your fingers (do it over a piece of paper instead
of directly into the bowl, so you can catch and re-crumble any large pieces
that escape). Add the tarragon and beat just to mix thoroughly.
- Pour into prepared pans and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until a wooden pick
inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on a rack, then remove from pans, fill and frost.
Serves 10 to 12.