- 1 (18 ounce) box plain yellow cake mix*
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box coconut cream instant pudding mix
- 1 1/3 cups (most of a 12 ounce can) Mountain Dew (or other citrus soft drink)
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon, crumbled finely
- Your favorite chocolate frosting
* not pudding-in-the-mix, not butter-recipe mix, such as Duncan Hines
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8-inch round cake pans.
- Combine the dry cake mix and the instant pudding mix in the large bowl of
an electric mixer.
- Add the Mountain Dew, eggs and oil and beat as directed on the cake mix
- Crumble the tarragon with your fingers (do it over a piece of paper instead
of directly into the bowl, so you can catch and re-crumble any large pieces
that escape). Add the tarragon and beat just to mix thoroughly.
- Pour into prepared pans and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until a wooden pick
inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on a rack, then remove from pans, fill and frost.
Serves 10 to 12.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.