Swiss Chocolate Mousse Tiara Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box Swiss chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 ounces non-dairy whipped topping
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Batter: Grease Tiara pan (do NOT flour).
- Add eggs, water and oil to cake mix, blending on low until moistened, then
on medium for 2 minutes.
- Place 3 1/2 cps of batter in the pan (you'll have batter left over to
- Bake the cake for 21-24 minutes or until done.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes, then remove from pan, inverting cake onto a wire
rack. Let cake cool completely before placing on a serving platter.
- Mousse: Melt the chocolate chips and water over low heat, stirring constantly
until smooth, then remove from heat. Remove 2 tablespoons of chocolate mixture
and set it aside.
- Refrigerate remaining chocolate for 10 minutes, until thickened but still
- Fold it into the whipped topping and spread evenly in the cooled cake.
- Refrigerate for 1/2 hour, then drizzle the set-aside chocolate over the
- Refrigerate for 2 more hours.
Chocolate Amaretto Tiara Cake: Use the same recipe as above,
but substitute a dark Dutch fudge cake mix. Add 1/2 teaspoon almond extract to the
mousse and sprinkle 1/4 cup blanched sliced almonds on top.
Black Forest Tiara Cake: Substitute devil's food cake mix.
Bake and cool cake as directed above. Add 1/2 teaspoon almond extract to 8 ounces
non-dairy whipped topping, spread and chill like the mousse.
Top with 1 can cherry pie filling.