This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Swiss Chocolate Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box Swiss chocolate cake mix
- 1 small box vanilla instant pudding
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 plain chocolate bars, such as Hershey's, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- Cake: Mix cake mix, pudding, eggs, oil and milk. Blend well. Pour into 3 (9-inch)
greased and floured cake pans.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes, until cake tests done.
- Top with Chocolate Icing.
- Chocolate Icing: Mix sugars and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add whipped topping, chocolate pieces and pecans, if desired. Mix well.
- Spread between layers and on top and sides of cake.