Tropical Upside Down Cake
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple slices in their own juice, drained.
- 1/2 cup walnuts or macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 5 maraschino cherries, halved
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Add sugar evenly over butter in bottom
- Arrange the pineapple slices, nuts, coconut and cherries in sugar mixture.
- Prepare cake mix as package directs. Spread over fruit.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until it tests done.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then invert onto large serving plate.
- Serve warm or cold.