Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box devil's food cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 4 (1 ounce) squares semi-sweet chocolate for baking
- 1 (12.25 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping, divided
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Vanilla ice cream or thawed, frozen whipped topping (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions in a bowl; beat until smooth.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat, tilting skillet to coat bottom.
Gently pour batter over bottom of skillet, spreading evenly.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes
- Carefully remove to cooling rack. Loosen edges of cake and carefully invert
cake onto heat-proof serving plate.
- Chop chocolate. Combine half of the caramel topping with chocolate in a
bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 30-60 seconds or until melted. Stir until
- Carefully spread caramel fudge glaze over cake.
- Chop pecans; sprinkle evenly over glaze.
- Drizzle with remaining caramel sauce, if desired.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping.
Yield: 12 servings or 24 sample servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 440, Total Fat 24 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol
85 mg, Carbohydrate 55 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 490 mg, Fiber 2 g