Ugly Duckling Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can fruit cocktail
- 2 1/3 cups coconut
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- Combine cake mix, undrained fruit, 1 cup coconut and eggs. Blend; beat at
medium speed for 2 minutes and pour into a greased 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar, then nuts.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Bring butter, sugar and milk to a boil. Boil for 1 minute.
- Stir in remaining coconut.
- Spoon over warm cake.
- Top with prepared whipped topping, if desired.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.