Valentine Raspberry Chocolate
Fudge Red Velvet Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box red velvet cake mix
- 1 (3.9 ounce) box instant chocolate fudge pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup creme de cocoa or raspberry liqueur or brandy
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 jumbo or extra large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar seedless raspberry jam
- Vanilla Buttercream Frosting, 7-Minute Icing or Chocolate Fudge Frosting
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, water, cup creme de cocoa
or raspberry liqueur or brandy, and oil; add eggs and beat at medium speed of
an electric mixer for 4 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Fold in pecans.
- Spoon into two wax paper-lined greased 9-inch-wide heart shaped layer pans
or one greased and floured 10-inch Bundt or tube pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes (heart-shaped layer pans) or 45 minutes (tube
or Bundt pan), or until a wooden pick inserted into the cake layers or cake
comes out clean.
- Let cake or cake layers cool for 10 minutes in pan(s), top side up for tube
cake and upside down for Bundt cake.
- Turn out onto wire rack(s) to finish cooling.
- For heart-shape cake, arrange one layer on a cake serving plate.
- Evenly spread raspberry jam over cake layer.
- Top with second layer.
- Evenly spread top and sides with frosting of choice.
- For tube or Bundt cake, spread frosting of choice over top and sides of
- Sprinkle decorative confectioners' red sugar over cake as desired.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cake Recipes