This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Vanilla Nut Coffee Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon butter extract
- 1/4 cup butter (NO MARGARINE)
- 1/3 cup ground nuts
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup ground nuts
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Scant 1/2 teaspoon butter extract
- Cake: Mix together cake mix, pudding mix, vegetable oil and water.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg addition, then beat
6 minutes at high speed.
- Add vanilla and butter extracts, then mix.
- Grease Bundt pan with butter and sprinkle the 1/3 cup ground nuts over butter
covering sides and bottom.
- Mix together sugar, cinnamon and the 1/2 cup ground nuts and sprinkle between
layers of batter beginning and ending with batter.
- Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, cool for 6 minutes, then glaze.
- Glaze: Mix ingredients together.
- After cake has cooled for 6 minutes, glaze.