Velvet Almond Fudge Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/2 cups blanched, slivered almonds
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 small box instant pudding, chocolate fudge or chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box chocolate fudge or chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- Whipped topping
- Chop almonds and toast at 350 degrees F for 3 to 5 minutes; then sprinkle
1/2 cup on bottom of well-greased 10-inch tube pan.
- Set aside remaining almonds and chocolate chips.
- Measure remaining ingredients into mixer bowl. Blend; then beat at medium
speed for 4 minutes.
- Stir in chips and almonds.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 70 minutes, or until cake begins to pull away
from sides of pan. DO NOT UNDER-BAKE.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Remove and finish cooling on rack.
- Garnish with whipped topping.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cake Recipes