Savor the sweetest slice of watermelon you'll ever eat! The chocolate seeds
are a melt-in-your-mouth prize.
- 1 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist white cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and egg
whites called for on cake mix box
- 1 package (0.13 ounces)
cherry-flavored or other red-colored unsweetened soft drink
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate
- 1 container (12 ounces) Betty Crocker Whipped fluffy
- Green and red food colors
- 2/3 cup green jelly beans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F for dark or nonstick pans). Grease
bottoms only of two 8- or 9-inch round cake pans with shortening or cooking
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, egg whites and drink mix with
electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds; beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping
bowl occasionally. (Batter will be lumpy.)
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips. Pour into pans.
- Bake as directed on box for 8- or 9-inch round pans.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In small bowl, stir 1 cup of the frosting with 10 to 12 drops green food
- Stir 10 to 12 drops red food color into remaining frosting.
- Frost sides of cakes with green frosting; press green jelly beans into frosting.
- Frost tops of cakes with red frosting; press remaining 2 tablespoons chocolate
chips into frosting for seeds.
- If desired, cut cakes crosswise in half and arrange "slices" randomly
- To serve, cut into wedges.
- Store loosely covered at room temperature.
Use mini chips to make sure there are lots of chips and that they stay distributed
in the cake.
Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy creamy white frosting can be used for the Whipped
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 340 (Calories from
Fat 130), Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 2g), Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium
260mg; Total Carbohydrate 51g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 33g), Protein 2g;
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 3 Other Carbohydrate; 2 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 3 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from