White Turtle Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cake: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Combine cake mix, water, 1/2 of sweetened condensed milk, oil and eggs.
- Spread 1/2 the batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Melt caramels with remaining sweetened condensed milk in microwave, stirring
every 30 seconds.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour over hot cake.
- Spread remaining batter over caramel layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until tests done.
- Spread frosting over warm cake.
- Frosting: Combine margarine, confectioners' sugar and milk; beat well.
- Add vanilla extract; mix well.
- Pour over cake. It will melt and run to the sides, so try twisting the pan
to get it evenly distributed.
- Refrigerate for a while before cutting.