Chocolate Covered Chocolate Cake Truffles
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- 3 tablespoons Bailey's Irish Cream
- 16 ounces semisweet chocolate
- Spray a 9 x 5-inch loaf baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Prepare and bake cake according to package instructions.
- Let cool.
- Melt butter in saucepan, stir in cocoa powder and sugar.
- Add nuts and liqueur. Remove from heat.
- Crumble cake into mixture in saucepan and mix by hand until well blended.
Roll into 1 1/2-inch balls.
- Melt chocolate in bowl in microwave (add 1 teaspoon vegetable oil to thin
if necessary). Dip balls one at a time, covering completely.
- Place on wax paper to dry.
- Store, covered in a cool, dry place.